As a family of companies who are in the environmental services industry, we strive to protect and preserve all ecosystems. We continue to reduce our footprints and promote carbon-positive practices at our offices and in the communities we serve. The Wright Service Corp. (WSC) North American headquarters based out of West Des Moines, Iowa, underwent a remodel in 2020 and was completed in 2021 with environmental sustainability and economic sustainability in mind. This posed an opportunity with many working from home to remodel the existing buildings on the headquarters’ campus to accommodate the growing amount of support staff while also providing the infrastructure needed for the flexibility with the Work from Home Policy.
Environmental Sustainability Goals
- Waste: Establish TerraCycle program for used branded clothing following a clothing swap event for employees.
- Waste: IT Department to start tracking in 2022 cellphones recycled. Data was not available for 2020 or 2021.
- Waste: Capture amount of paper recycled from our secure shred company, The Shredder, from sensitive information as this is not currently captured into our waste assessment.
- Waste: Capture amount of food product wasted from the Café. This data was not available for the 2021 waste assessment.
- Recycle: IT Department to implement program to begin tracking redeployment of handheld technology like iPads.
- Waste: IT Department to work with printer maintenance service contractor on ink cartridge recycling options.
- Waste: Maintain 5% or lower food product waste from the Café.
- Recycle: IT Department to implement program to begin tracking redeployment of cellphones.
- Resource Use: Begin a GHG Inventory (following the GHG Protocol and Corporate Standard). 2022 will serve as the base year.
- 2022 Accomplished Goals