Our employees create a rich work environment. Our family culture is what makes Wright Service Corp. (WSC) unique and attractive to the next generation of the workforce. This includes a safe, enjoyable, diverse environment that offers opportunity for professional growth within. As competition for talent grows, WSC is committed to offering an attractive workplace to retain and foster talent through our family of companies at all levels. WSC is proud to be employee owned since 2002, and 100% employee owned since 2006. Continued training, education and development, and our employees’ well-being are top of mind.
Our small company beginnings still ring true with the company culture at the corporate office. A Culture Club, comprising of a Wellness Committee, Community Involvement Committee, Special Events Committee, Employee Ownership Committee and Charitable Giving Committee educate and/or host events for staff at our corporate office and Wright Outdoor Solutions (WOS), a local subsidiary. There are also instances where those events, if held in a digital or virtual format, are open to all employees throughout North America.
Employee Well-being Goals
- Diversity & Inclusion: Increased reporting capabilities on workforce demographics in 2022 with Workday.
- Education & Development: Continue to gauge interest and feedback from employees to determine topics – hosting lunch and learns every other month.
- Employee Well-being: Conduct a survey for total reward offerings and preferences to employees.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Analyze employee gender and race/ethnicity information to establish benchmarks and goals for annual diversity growth.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Host a diversity, equity and inclusion week at the corporate office through Culture Club.
- Education & Development: Increase online training hours by 10% in WSCU.
- Education & Development: Increase engagement in online learning by continuing to offer courses chosen through survey feedback, employee recommendations, and leader input. We continue to package courses into manageable sizes through programming like “Learn in Less” and “Five-Minute Fridays.”
- Education & Development: Develop a formalized process and similar resources to roll out to subsidiary companies, one company/group at a time depending on size.
- Education & Development: Gather data that will inform a sustainable leadership development strategy that supports the growth of our Family of Companies.
- Employee Well-being: Roll out of Project One Source Program via the Workday platform for efficient integration of company data storage and processing, employee records management, and improvement of employee procedures which will include the reduction of paper.
- Employee Well-being: Continue to provide employees with more benefits education through regular newsletters, plan enrollment resources and new hire summaries.
- Wellness: Wellness Committee to see an increase in the green options offered in the micro mart compared to the red in 2023.
- Wellness: Conduct a survey in 2023 sponsored by the Wellness Committee to better inform wellness offerings and impacts.
- 2022 Accomplished Goals